Dates: March 30 - April 3 & November 2 - 6, 2023
March Diver Price: $1225pp dbl occ.
November Diver Price: $1125 dbl occ.
Group Air: Unavailable
The Islands of the Bahamas begin just 50 miles from the US mainland, but you’ll feel like you’re a world away from the everyday. Nassau is bustling with shops, nightlife and casinos. The Bahamas are perfect for relaxation and adventure. You can commune with nature by floating in world’s largest blue hole, snorkel the third-largest barrier reef in the world, spot an endangered Bahama parrot or meet the unusual Andros iguana.
What's the diving like?
The Bahamas offers a lifetime of diving possibilities for everyone from resort divers to explorers. Discover the cinematic reefs. Swim with wild dolphins, drift a wall, relax in sunlit coral gardens or descend into a blue hole. For big thrills, sign up for encounters with a tiger, hammerhead, lemon, reef and oceanic white tip sharks. Topside water sports include kayak and sailing tours, flats casting and big game fishing.
Many dive sites are sheltered from prevailing trade winds and oceanic swells, but can be susceptible to local winds. Dive operators will select daily destinations accordingly. Water conditions are often calmest in summer. Underwater visibility often exceeds 100 feet, thanks to the lack of coastal runoff. Dive profiles range from less than ten feet to walls that drop well past 150 feet, making the Bahamas a suitable destination for divers of every experience level. Water temperatures range from the mids 70s in winter into the low 80s in summer.
Where will you be staying?
Breezes Resort Bahamas - All Inclusive is located on the beach and in an area with good airport proximity. Paradise Island Golf Club and Ocean Club Golf Course are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Cabbage Beach and Cable Beach. Check out an event or a game at Queen Elizabeth Sports Center, and consider making time for Ardastra Gardens, Zoo and Conservation Center, a top attraction not to be missed. Spend some time exploring the area's activities, including golfing.
Here's what to expect and a few tips
Included on your vacation;
- 4 nights at the Breezes Resort Bahamas- All- Inclusive. Double Occupancy
- 3 days of 2 tank boat dives w/ Stuart Cove
- All meals and drinks
- Transfers to/from Nassau Airport to Breezes Resort.
- Hotel taxes and tips
- Divemaster Tips
- Single Rooms
- Certification Dives
- Advanced Diver Course
- Nitrox Diver Course
Tips and Info
- Because most diving is done by boat there is no need for booties with thick, hard soles. Either open or closed-heel fins are fine.
- Video and still cameras work well even without lights, as the clear waters provide ample ambient light to bring out the details
- A light skin suit or 3-mm wetsuit is sufficient for summertime.
- From December through March a 5-mm suit might be in order or hooded vest, and a cover-up to mitigate evaporative cooling during surface intervals.
- Pack a deployable surface marker if a drift dive is on the schedule.