The NAUI motto is "Dive Safety through Education," and the Rescue SCUBA Diver course will increase your safety skills from what you already learned as a NAUI SCUBA Diver. The Rescue SCUBA Diver course is designed to equip certified divers with additional self-rescue skills and to enable them to effectively intervene if their dive buddy experiences problems while diving.
What You Will Learn
This course trains divers in the knowledge and skills needed to manage risks and effectively handle limited in-water problems and diving emergencies. Included are: assists, transports, surface rescues, and rescues from depth involving both boat - and shore- based skin and scuba divers. Graduates are considered competent to perform assists and rescues in open water provided the diving site and diving situations approximate those of the course. Graduates may use this certification to meet the prerequisite for the NAUI Training Assistant specialty course, NAUI leadership courses, and NAUI Instructor course.
Advanced Rescue - In addition to the above, this portion of the course will also allow the certified scuba diver to assume greater rescue capabilities during diving activities. The training emphasizes accident supervision and management with practical applications in open water. This course is designed specifically to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Help prevent diving accidents.
- Recognize life-threatening diving situations.
- Correctly initiate and/or supervise rescue/assist procedures.
- Effectively perform in-water rescue/assist techniques and procedures.
- Correctly manage rescue assistants during and after rescues.
- Provide immediate, effective post-rescue aid.
- Correctly manage a diving emergency with adjustments for local variants. Graduates are considered competent to perform assists and rescues in aquatic situations so long as the situation approximates one for which they have been trained.
Prerequisites for Rescue SCUBA Diver
Age: Minimum is 17 years by the water phase of the course
Certification/Experience/Knowledge: Certification as a NAUI ADVANCED SCUBA Diver or the equivalent is required and a current CPR/FA and O2 Provider certification is required.
August 3, 2019; 8:00a - 4:00p @ Dutch Springs for Rescue Diver
August 4 2019; 8:00a - 4:00p @ Dutch Springs for Advanced Rescue Diver Add On
* Unless a Student holds a Rescue Diver Certification already, both days are required for Advanced Rescue.
** In some cases, it may be necessary to complete a pool night of swimming skills. The instructor will make this determination based on the students past training.
Cost: $350.00 Advanced Rescue Diver Certification
- NAUI Rescue Diver Digital Plus eLearning*
- NAUI Digital Certification Card
- NAUI Hardcopy Certification Card
- All Instructor, Underwater World, and NAUI Fees
You may upgrade to the NAUI Rescue Diver Premier eLearning Package for $60 more which also includes a Textbook and Logbook.
*Divers who purchase the NAUI Rescue Digital Plus eLearning or the NAUI Rescue Premier eLearning from Underwater World, prior to registering for the course, will only pay $221 when registering for the Underwater World Advanced Rescue Diver Course.
Does NOT Include
- Entry fees for Dutch Springs
Instructor: Eric Richards